Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Joseph Mora First Hamlab Reflection


Joseph Mora
Hernan Lorenzo
Eric Ayala
Jose Perdomo
Leslie Romero

   The college Mentors really helped us understand the soliloquy. In the beginning   we didn't understand what it was about but they went through every line and analyzed it, until we got to understand what hamlet was saying. The "urge to kill" graph we drew also helped me to visually see how the soliloquy affected his actions and described his decision towards whether to kill or not. This Graph Also showed how Hamlet began to realize why he should kill and well towards the end of the graph he goes bizarre and finds out his urge to kill. We divided the Soliloquy into parts that our Mentors and our group thought were Hamlet began to think then lead to realizing why he should kill and finally he thoughts brake lose about the “Urge to Kill”.
During the Soliloquy on “All Occasions”, we learned how emphasis the words more loudly instead of sounding boring. Our mentor and our group were looking for repetitions and other significant words that stood out the play. For example, my group and I found “Be but to sleep and feed”, “earth exhort” and “godlike reason”. After we were done with our breathing exercises, my mentor wanted us to read parts of the soliloquy with emotion. With the help of my mentor and M.S Barrios, I was able to stress the words “kill’d”, “stain’d” and O. Finally I wanted to thank my mentor and everyone who was involved in Ham lab, I would wish if they would come back every Thursday for the end of our senior year.
  Having the USC students there to go through Hamlet with us has been especially helpful. I feel that our group learned a lot from our two assigned students. It was interesting to see their interpretation of the text and it opened my eyes to different perspectives. During the short time we spent together I really forced myself to try find different interpretations of the soliloquies in order to find which way I was most comfortable when acting it out. I was shocked that so much thought and meaning could go into performing a soliloquy and it was fun to see students from our class perform them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment